The VF-300-0Z Compresstome® from Precisionary Instruments represents the latest advances in vibratome technology. Our patented compression technology enables our vibratome to overpower the competition. This gentle, uniform compression from the agarose embedding process helps to stabilize the tissue during sectioning and allows our vibratome to produce smoother and healthier slices than the competition. The VF-300-0Z is ideal for electrophysiology, immunohistochemistry, Precision-cut tissue slices, and organotypic cultures.
The main advantages of the Compresstome® include:
- Patented compression technology and agarose embedding process stabilizes tissue and eliminates chattermarks
- Slices over 5x faster than other market Vibratomes
- Preserves surface neurons yielding over 2x healthy/dead cell ratios and significantly improving patch clamping results for electrophysiology
- Slice thickness ranging from 4 μm-2000μm
- No freezing needed! Allowing for free-floating staining for better IHC – lmmunohistochemistry results
- Fully automated slicing, so no more tedious cryostat cranking
- Auto Zero-Z® technology reduces z-axis deflection to <1 μm
- Light footprint for increased portability
At Precisionary Instruments, we aim to push the boundaries of scientific research. That’s why we love to see how scientists find new ways to use our products.
At the Allen Institute, the “open science” concept pairs neuroscientists with system engineers to come up with innovative ideas and conjure them into existence. We are proud that the Compresstome® can be part of this project, helping the scientists work with both mouse brains as well as human brain tissues.
Products we recommend to purchase with VF-300-0Z:
To reduce contamination when working with both fresh and fixed tissue we recommend purchasing additional:
Consumables we recommend for quality use include:
Down load Technical Specification_VF-300-OZ